Sunday, June 2, 2013

Week one is done! (almost)

We've made it through the first week of this. It's been a good week but there have been many really hungry moments so I'm going to have to work on that. Here are more pictures! One reason I like the pictures is because I can go back at any time and find a whole slew of ideas, lest I forget.

What is that pile on that plate? Well it's quinoa and lentils sprinkled with roasted almonds and nutritional yeast, of course. Not bad, a bit dry though.

This was so good around day five when I was starving and needing a treat. I saw it on facebook. It said it's supposed to taste just like a Frosty at Wendy's which, of course, is not true but it was still pretty darned good. In the blender I put plain soy milk, ice cubes, cocoa powder, a banana and vanilla. The next night we made it again after we went hiking and added a little chia seeds for extra healthiness.

Fruit salad. Yummy, yummy. (We watched the Wiggles a lot when the kids were little.)

Just a simple burrito with canned, no fat, refried beans. Added a little garlic powder, chili powder and ground cumin and put it in a whole grain tortilla. Baked it in the oven for about 10 minutes. Topped with salsa, guacamole (yes, a lot of guacamole) and olives. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment