Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fathers Day

So I told Brent I didn't know what to make for dinner on Father's Day since all the usual options were out of the question. He told me he wanted a burger and went to the internets and found the recipe he wanted to try. He wanted to try this recipe for "spicy bbq chickpea burgers" and told me I must STICK TO THE RECIPE! Because I usually don't do that. Though we did leave out the pepita seeds. (I had to look that one up, I guess it's the Spanish word for pumpkin seeds.) Oh, and I left the optional kombu out of the chickpeas. I just used canned chickpeas anyway. It turned out pretty good! A little squishy in the middle but pretty tasty. A little on the spicy side, of course. It was just nice to eat a burger!

She also had a recipe for oven baked fries that I made and let me tell ya. That is the best recipe for oven baked fries I've ever tried! Tomorrow I'm going to try it with sweet potatoes. Then we finished the meal off with a gluten free, vegan apple crisp. It was a little too sweet, I think my taste buds may be getting used to less sugar. Hmm.

Becoming burgers! Doesn't it all look pretty?

I also got this for Brent for Father's Day. I usually get him some candy with whatever I get him and this is on the okay list (in moderation, anyway) because it's 72% cacao. I had a piece too. I don't like to get all cliche about chocolate but c'mon, you have to have a little chocolate once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment