Sunday, June 9, 2013

We survived another week!

There were a few low blood sugar moments. I thought I was going to die one day outside the grocery store only a half an hour after dinner (slight exaggeration). Some banana and peanuts did the trick though and keeping an apple or nuts and raisins on hand at all times is recommended! I also realized I have a slight B12 deficiency but that started before the new eating plan began. I had doctor confirmation of this, not just my self-diagnosis. We made a tasty "sorta sorbet" one night with a banana, frozen strawberries and pineapple and a little soy milk and water. I forgot to take a picture. A Subway sub on wheat loaded with veggies and mustard is good stuff. Lastly, I had enough energy to make it through 4 hours of standing up at the They Might Be Giants concert last night so I am not withering away to nothing. Yay!

Beans and rice (and corn) with salsa, spinach, canned beets, and dinosaur kale. Also called lacinato kale but I prefer dinosaur, of course.

We finally ate some tofu! In a yummy stir fry. Added some cashews to it too.

Quinoa salad. Quinoa, garbnanzo beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, red onion, olives and Italian dressing mixed in. Served on a bed of spinach. Also, strawberries (we eat a lot of strawberries) and tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa.


I guess we aren't being absolutely strict on this Forks Over Knives thing. I made pumpkin bread the other day with my gluten free baking mix that has milk in it and eggs in the recipe. I ate a couple of pieces, Brent abstained. I've also had honey a couple of times and oil is being used now and them. I still think we are doing good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment