Sunday, October 20, 2013

Potatoes and Eggs

What we have here is a simple meal. I mixed regular potatoes with sweet potatoes (5:1 ratio, about) to make mashed potatoes. I mixed in some garlic powder, milk, spread, and salt. The rest is black beans, spinach and watermelon. Healthy!

I used to make eggs with stuff mixed in for an easy dinner. I'd use about ten eggs and add ham, cheddar and some veggies. This is the healthier version I've come up with: I only used 4 eggs and about five potatoes, half a sweet potato, peppers, olives and mushrooms. To make the potatoes I cut them and boiled them for about 15 minutes. Let them cool and cut into bite size pieces. Mix with a little oil, salt pepper and basil. Bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes. Flip them halfway through. Much easier than trying to fry in a pan. Scramble the eggs and saute all the veggies and mix it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment