Sunday, October 20, 2013

"Meat"

A while back I ran into this pin on pinterest for black bean burgers. Here is the recipe:

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup quick oats
1 egg
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix it all up in a food processor. Make into burgers and fry or grill (I use an indoor grill) or however you want to cook a burger.

So I made the burgers and they were good! I think I took a picture but I can't find it. But I was thinking, what else can I do with this recipe?  So I decided to make spaghetti and "meatballs". To do that I followed the recipe and threw in a little onion and Italian seasoning. Instead of "balls" I made bite size pieces and baked them @ 350 for ten minutes, turning them over after 5 minutes. Tasty!

Then I decided to make tacos with them. The same baking process and base recipe except I left out the garlic cloves and pepper, threw in a little minced onion, a dash of garlic powder and some taco seasoning. Also good! I love tacos so this was a pleasant surprise. I used to make chicken tacos a lot. I didn't mind ground beef that much but I never liked to eat it because e coli, of course and it's kind of full of saturated fat. So it was nice to have a taco with something actually, sort of meaty instead of just throwing beans in and calling it good. And all of these recipes are pretty healthy if you don't count the little bit of cholesterol from the one egg. Oh, and spray the pan before you bake them too.

Taco "meat". It looks kind of like no bake cookies, haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment