Monday, September 2, 2013

Soup and Sandwiches!

Saturday we had soup and sandwiches.We have so many tomatoes in our garden so I've been trying to come up with ways to use them. I decided to make some tomato soup. I found a recipe and then adapted it to what I had on hand, adding some lentils for protein. It was a success. I will make this again soon.

Tomato Lentil Soup

3 cups peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 cups hot water
1 tbs vegetable broth granules (I use Rapunzel brand)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Litehouse Freeze-Dried Italian Herb Blend
2/3 c lentils, sorted and rinsed
1 tsp cornstarch mixed in 1/4 c cold water

Put it all in a pot, bring to a boil and reduce to low heat. Cover and cook for about 1/2 hour, stir occasionally. Lentils should be soft.

We also had broiled veggie sandwiches. I love these. We used to have them with provolone cheese but I didn't even miss it. You just broil the mushrooms and green bell peppers and stick the rolls in there until they get toasty. Add some lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and Italian dressing. Messy and delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment