Sunday, August 18, 2013

More Food!

All plant dinner.

This split pea potato soup was really good. I didn't have very high expectations for it but it was quite tasty. I hope I can remember the changes I made to the recipe (I always do that) next time I make it. What I remember: split peas, carrots, celery, potatoes, vegetable broth granules, garlic powder? basil?


*Edited. I added the recipe after making it a second time.

Split Pea Soup recipe:
3 cups split peas, sorted and rinsed
3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into small pieces
3 celery ribs, chopped
1 medium or large onion, cut into small pieces
3 medium or 4 small potatoes, cut into small cubes, leave unpeeled
1-2 tbs garlic powder (use to your liking)
1 pinch pepper
1 to 1-1/2 tsp salt
3 tbs Rapunzel vegetable broth granules
a dash (or 2) of dried thyme
about 8 cups of water

In a large stock pot, saute the carrots, celery and onions for a few minutes, until slightly soft. Add water split peas, potatoes, seasonings and broth granules. Bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally. This tastes even better as leftovers the day after making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment