Monday, January 13, 2014

My Anti-inflammatory Smoothie

I think I have arthritis in my knees. I've decided it's okay to self diagnose yourself with ailments and find natural remedies because all doctors ever do is throw ibuprofen and omeprazole at stuff. Maybe that's just my doctor. But I have these knees that creak every time I bend them. I think that is called crepitus. It is a little bothersome and seems to be getting progressively worse. Anyway, the smoothie is healthy so it can't hurt to try.


-1/2 scoop protein powder (this has whey so it makes it vegetarian but if you use hemp or soy protein it would be vegan)
-1 small orange
-kale or spinach
-about a teaspoon of chia seeds
-frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
-1 tsp freeze dried ginger (or fresh)

 You could also add  ground flax seed (omega 3s are helpful), turmeric (which would possibly taste gross), a teaspoon of olive oil, cantaloupe or whatever else you come up with that might fit into the anti-inflammatory category.


No comments:

Post a Comment