Friday, July 5, 2013

Crazy Casserole!

Brent's family made this meal called crazy casserole when we were dating. It's basically a taco salad with doritos. Don't ask me where the name Crazy Casserole came from. I have no idea. I adopted it to my own dinner menus because who doesn't like taco salad? I changed the ground beef to chicken though, because that's how I roll. Now I've adapted it to the plant based lifestyle. It starts with a layer of tortilla chips (healthier than doritos, of course), then refried beans. Then, instead of chicken, I got a frozen veggie mix that has corn, peppers, onions and black beans. Mixed in a little garlic powder, chili powder and cumin and heated it up. On top of that goes lettuce, tomatoes, olives, salsa and guacamole. We didn't miss the chicken, doritos or cheddar cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment